Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Elizabeth's Dream


My friend has given me her dream to interpret. I have never done this before, so everything I saw may be wrong.

My friend dreamt that she was blind, deaf, and mute. Everything she knows about the world, her friends, her family, her life, she had imagined  them. She had done this to get over the loneliness of being cut off from the world.

First I would like to assess some of the major symbols from her dream. These symbol meanings are courtesy of "Dream Moods" Dream Dictionary.

Blind~"to dream that you are blind represents your refusal to see the truth or your lack of awareness to a problem...are you refusing to see any other point of view except your own?"

Deaf~"...it suggests you are feeling secluded from the world. You may be closing yourself off from new experiences or shutting yourself out."

Mute~"...indicates that you are afraid to say something or fear of being criticized or judged."

Lonliness~"To dream that you are alone indicates feelings of rejection. You may be feeling that no one understands you."

Now that I've decoded some symbols I would like to discuss and attempt to interpret the dream.

According to me, the dream gives off a negative vibe. Losing three of your main senses indicates that you are feeling like an outsider. Perhaps you are purposely shutting yourself  off from the world. Maybe there are bad influences or negative things around you that you are trying to avoid; but avoiding these things is causing you a feeling of lonliness.

You should try to open your mind more, and be more accepting of the differences in others. Instead of shutting yourself  away or avoiding problens, find healthful ways to deal with them.

Sorry if this was totally obvious or completely wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you do this. It just makes me wonder about the world and myself just things like that.

    ReplyDelete