Sunday, November 8, 2015

Shooting Dream

This is the dream I had on the night of November 4, 2015.

I was in the parking garage of my college campus. I saw a student at gun point and I rushed to help him without thinking. There was one man holding a pistol to the other man's head, talking very angrily. So I rushed at the man with the gun and tackled him. He fell to the ground, along with me. The other guy ran to go get help. So I was left alone with the guy with a pistol. I started to get up and try to tackle the guy again, because it was the only thing I could think to do. But he was too fast. The shooter had already stood up straight and taken aim at me. By time I was standing and running at him again, he had aimed the gun at me, but this didn't stop me. I tacked him once more, but this time he was expecting it and only stumbled back a few steps. We were both still standing. Then he shot me in the torso, around my stomach. I fell backwards onto the ground as I saw help arrive. The shooter had been taken care of and no one else was hurt. 

As I lay on the ground, I could feel myself waver in and out, dizzy and between awake and asleep. A police officer and the person I saved were crouched over me and they looked very concerned. All I could mumble quietly was "I'm going to be fine" over and over again. And I really thought I was going to be fine, but I was dying. It was peaceful. It didn't hurt and I wasn't afraid. It was like falling asleep.


1 comment: